Feb 26, 2010

WhiBal

Posted by Brian Williams Photography

The WhiBal card is an invaluable tool in my bag. I included it on my "Last Minute Gift Ideas For The Photographer On Your List" post in December. I have the WhiBal card that is about the size of a credit card. All you do is take one picture with that card in it and then use that picture for your custom white balance or just use it as your white balance target in post.

This morning I did a shoot for a dentist's office. I had to do a bunch of headshots for some of his clients and employees. My dad is in town visiting so I took him with me. Once we were set up, I had him hold the WhiBal card for a test picture.

whibal.dad

Once I uploaded all the pictures from the shoot into Aperture 3 (which I'm loving by the way), I set the white balance for this picture using the gray card, then lifted and stamped that adjustment onto all the other pictures. Voila! Perfect white balance!

0 comments: